Translate

Friday, February 21, 2014

Flakey skin fu'ing up your makeup?

 

 If you're like me when you get a zit you zap the sh*t out of it and when the thing finally dries up it leaves a quake of flaky skin that takes way to long to heal... makeup cakes around that area, even after I exfoliate and moisturize. It sucks but here's a way to keep that desert patch smooth and hydrated under your foundation and powder..

Freakin liquid glycerine!!!! (Walmart $5 bucks and it will last you forever) I know it sounds weird, like something you would concoct in a chem lab but it's actually a key ingredient in many skin care products.

Basically it's liquid sugar and don't ask me how but it is extremely moisturizing, non greasy, clear and a little sticky so it adheres to your skin really well. It won't create more zits because it's pure, anti bacterial and doesn't clog your pores. Rather it seeps into your skin and helps lock in moisture. I cover my whole face in it at night before I go to bed when my skin is feeling exceptionally dry. Just put a little drop of it on your flakey problem area before you apply your foundation and rub it in good so it adheres to the dry skin and locks it down. 

Ps- If you can help it don't pick at this little bugger... Picking erupts the skin and prolongs the healing process also it's easier to cover a mound than a wound ;) easier said than done, I know! So pick gently if you must and apply a bit of your zit cream after to make sure it doesn't fill again with its lovely goo. I like to put a little neosporin on as well to help it heal.

Cheers!

I hope this helps. Give it a go and let me know what you think ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment