Translate

Friday, February 21, 2014

Monistat on my face? For real? Yes.... and how so :)

So, all this chatter about Monistat's chaffing gel not only being good for chapped thighs, but doubling as a primer and not just any primer, but Smashboxs primer, perked my interest.. to say the least!

My internet was claiming they were the same thing!!!..... OK, thought I, how is this logical? AND if that's the case, WTF have I been blowing my dough on and what other feminine products have I been applying to the wrong area....

I was a bit hesitant to give it a go though, because I am an oily woman and my makeup loves to slide around if not properly primed and powdered but for the price difference I had to know. 

I purchased mine from Wal Mart in the feminine needs section for like $5.85 or something like that. Not bad.

The consistency did feel the exact same as smashbox and it went on smooth and clear. My makeup foundation didn't seem to notice the difference either and after a whole day of wear, I was sold! Awesome!!! But how? 

By far am no scientist but I looked up the ingredients that weren't similar in both products to see what the difference actually was...

Smashbox contains every ingredient in Monistat's chaffing gel so I only looked up the meaning of the one's that were missing which are color coordinated and listed below:

Monistat Chaffing Relief Powder-Gel
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisiloxane.

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl AcetateCarthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed ExtractPropylene Glycol, Water, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed ExtractCola Acuminata Seed ExtractCamellia Oleifera Leaf Extract.

Ethylhexyl Salicylate aka Sunscreen - sunscreen component 
Retinyl Palmitate - sunscreen component, vitamin A
Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract - skin hydrater
Propylene Glycol - slip agent
Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract - antioxident
Cola Acuminata Seed Extract - derived from the kola nut, caffeine
Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract - green tea, caffeine

Basically what monistat is lacking is sunscreen, lotion, a slip agent and caffeine.

The slip agent didn't seem to make a noticable difference and the sun protectant and lotioning I take care of on my own.

The green tea and kola nut extracts were a nice additive but there is a much more saturating ways to feed your skin a power punch of caffeine which I'll blog about next. STAy Tuuuned... hahaha

In my humble opinion the trace amounts of these extra ingredients found in smashbox's primer don't seem to make up for the price difference between the two. 

Hope you have as good of results as I did!
<3<3<3
Visist www.metallicsnblushbeauty.com for more lil makeup tings ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment